Talking Giants Baseball: A San Francisco Giants/Baseball Blog: Blog plans, quick Giants news and notes

Friday, November 19, 2010

Blog plans, quick Giants news and notes

Hello fans.

The off-season is here, but that does not mean I won't be blogging. I  know I took a lay-off in between posts, but I am going to update this at least once a week with Giants hot-stove league coverage. Unfortunately, I do not yet have the power to do full reporting like I would like to (cross your fingers someone notices this, and I get that media pass I dream of getting), but I would do the best I can from online and television sources. Who knows? Maybe, I might ask a source in the Giants for information, but I am not expecting any response.

The off-season is young, but here are some of the happenings in the hot-stove league that I have heard so far:

Aubrey Huff and the Giants have a mutual interest. It is no secret that Huff would like to come back, but he did not rule out exploring the market. All indications point to the Giants and Huff working something out. Also, for what it's worth, a caller on KNBR 680 said that somebody he knew recently installed an alarm system into Aubrey Huff's mother's house. Huff recently moved his mother out to San Francisco, so for those Giants fans who enjoyed Huff's antics, then this is good news for you.

If the Giants want to retain Juan Uribe, they're going to have to open their wallet. Uribe recently told the media that he was going to wait and see how Derek Jeter's contract plays out before deciding on who he will sign with. Even if the Giants lose Uribe, I think the Giants could upgrade here, whether it be through trades, free agency, or minor league prospect Brandon Belt, who tore up the minor leagues last year. It's no secret the Giants need to improve their walk total and .OBP, and Uribe doesn't fit that bill. Still, Uribe has that intangible quality that any good team should have.

That's all I've heard so far. The pitching staff is here to stay, Posey isn't going anywhere for a long time, and Cody Ross will be hitting clutch homers for another year.

My next post will occur tomorrow night after I submit my Giants localization story for my journalism class. It will be put up right here soon after. For those of you itching for more Giants baseball, don't worry. Before you know it, it will be back from Dodger Stadium on April 1st! Road trip anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Search

The Mailbag is open. Contact me with your questions.

Questions? Comments? Feedback? E-mail my blog mailbag at vc4re@yahoo.com. Your question may be posted on my blog, along with answers.