The sound of the ball hitting the glove, the crack of the bat, the fresh-cut grass, and all the things that reminds us of baseball returns today for many teams--including for the San Francisco Giants.
The Giants will take on their Bay Area rivals, the Oakland Athletics, at 12:05 p.m. on KNBR 680.
Here is the Giants lineup, according to According to Andrew Baggarly of CSN Bay Area.
1. Blanco CF
2. Belt 1B 3. Sandoval 3B
4. Pence RF
5. Morse LF
6. Sanchez C
7. Abreu 2B
8. Crawford SS
9. Colvin DH
Here are five things to look out for in today's game:
1. Can Michael Morse swing the bat pain free? If he can, the Giants could have a power hitter who could flirt with 30 or more home runs.
2. Can Brandon Belt repeat the good vibes from last year? He made the adjustment in how he grips the bat and then took off last year. Giants broadcaster Mike Krukow told KNBR he thinks Belt is going to be an All-Star this year. If Belt indeed turned a corner, the Giants have another man who could approach 30 home runs. In the second half last year, Belt hit .326 with 7 home runs and 29 RBIs.
3. Can Yusmeiro Petit add to the Giants' pitching depth? Many of the Giants top pitching prospects are still a year or two away, but if Petit could do what he did last year towards the end of the season, the Giants should have a decent band-aid in the rotation if one of their starters goes down to injury. Petit went 4-1 with a 3.56 ERA last year with the Giants.
4. Pablo Sandoval's Weight: We will see today how Sandoval's slim-downed body translates into baseball games. If he were to have a bad day at the plate today, that doesn't mean it will foreshadow how he will do this season, but getting out to a fast start will ease the mind of Bruce Bochy--and Giants fans.
5. What do the Giants have in Tyler Colvin? The Giants' bench is not that deep. But if Colvin can relive some of his solid seasons with the Cubs, the Giants will have some left-handed power off the bench.
Enjoy the game!