By Sports Agent Blog
What: Santa Clara Law 2011 Sports Law Symposium
When: September 8, 2011 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Where: Locatelli Center, Santa Clara University (map)
Topics: Concussions (Keynote: DeMaurice Smith, Executive Director, NFLPA), Steroids (Keynote: Mark Fainaru-Wada, ESPN Investigative Reporter), Labor Strife (Keynote: William B. Gould, IV, former Chairman of the National Labor Relations Board), and the Use of Player Images (Keynote: Sonny Vaccaro, Former Director of Basketball Programs at Nike, Adidas and Reebok).
The Reception speaker will be William Neukom, Managing Partner, San Francisco Giants, and Jim Brown will be an honored special guest at the event.
Other speakers include:
- Dan Coonan, Santa Clara University Athletic Director
- Bill Duffy, CEO of BDA Sports Management
- Dan Rascher, University of San Francisco Sports Management Professor
- Retired NFL players Ben Lynch and Shawn Stuckey
- Mike Gilleran, Former WCC Commissioner
- Don Gralnek, General Counsel of San Jose Sharks
- Paul Haagen, Co-Director of the Duke Law School Center for Sports Law and Policy
- Andy Schwarz, Sports Economist
- Professors Kevin Greene, Lateef Mtima and Tyler Ochoa
2011 Santa Clara Sports Law Symposium from Sports Agent Blog - Sports Agent News, Sports Business, Sports Law, Sports Contract Negotiations, NCAA Rules and Regulations.