Talking Giants Baseball: A San Francisco Giants/Baseball Blog: Come On Rockies! Are You Serious?

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Come On Rockies! Are You Serious?

Rockies were up 7-3 vs. the Phillies in the 7th, which meant the Giants could have gained a half game. Not so fast. Philadelphia scored 9 runs in the top of the 7th to take a 12-7 lead (now 12-8). Can it get any worse? Where's the pitching? As I speak, it is 12-10 Phillies! Hopefully they can come back and win, but man a 9 run inning doesn't help.

I know this is a Giants blog, but I wanted to wish the 49ers luck. They are playing their final pre-season game. However, this game could get ugly because the JV team is out there for the 49ers, so if you are a fan of the hometown football team, don't worry if they get spanked!

Giants vs. Dodgers tomorrow! 3 back!!!

1 comment:

  1. That was the most atrocious display of pitching from both teams. I mean seriously 12-11? That's bad. And considering the lead the Rockies had...pathetic. I understand you are 5280 feet above sea level and the ball will fly there at Coors Field, but this was a game that not only the Giants needed, but frankly the Rockies needed too. I mean if they beat Philly, it helps their own cause, let alone the Giants. With the departure of Mannywood, the Giants should easily handle their business in Los Angeles tonight. Question is can Colorado handle theirs? They better is any team in the NL Wild Card race has a prayer of passing Philadelphia.

    Bring on the Orange and Black attack! Go Giants!

    ReplyDelete

Google Search

The Mailbag is open. Contact me with your questions.

Questions? Comments? Feedback? E-mail my blog mailbag at vc4re@yahoo.com. Your question may be posted on my blog, along with answers.