Talking Giants Baseball: A San Francisco Giants/Baseball Blog: Two vintage San Francisco Giants photos -- Are they worth anything? Any chance anyone can help me get them signed?

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Two vintage San Francisco Giants photos -- Are they worth anything? Any chance anyone can help me get them signed?

Greetings all,

I stumbled upon two Giants posters that might have some value. If anyone knows if they do, please e-mail my blog mailbag at vc4re@yahoo.com. Also, if anybody can help me get them signed by the retired Giants in the photos, please let me know. I will be very grateful, and it will be a great add to my collection. Here are the photos.

Photo #1: Vintage 1962 San Francisco Giants KSFO team photo.


I think it's cool that Russ and Lon are on the poster. Any chance Lon Simmons can sign this photo for me? Maybe a player who is still alive? Got to like the headline up top too. This is truly a classic photo.

Photo #2: First pitch at Seals Stadium with 50th Anniversary Logo.


This is a piece of art from Bill Purdom. Not sure who he is or if he's famous, but I have two, so I am going to try to sell one on eBay. Any way the artist can sign this if he's famous? Seals stadium looks like a great place to watch a baseball game. I wish I could have been there.

This is the art I have to show off. Let me know what you guys think or how much they're worth.

Lastly, I'm heading to the ballpark tomorrow. Can't wait to see baseball back in the Bay Area. Maybe I'll get lucky and get something signed, but I will not count on it. I can still always hope.




Follow me on twitter @vintalkingiants

Questions or comments? E-mail my blog mailbag at vc4re@yahoo.com. Your questions may be answered on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Search

The Mailbag is open. Contact me with your questions.

Questions? Comments? Feedback? E-mail my blog mailbag at vc4re@yahoo.com. Your question may be posted on my blog, along with answers.