Talking Giants Baseball: A San Francisco Giants/Baseball Blog: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants 4/11 Preview

Monday, April 11, 2011

Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants 4/11 Preview

Once again, the Giants will be severely handicapped defensively. Aubrey Huff will patrol right field with Aaron Rowand in center and Pat Burrell in left. Let's see how the tri-water buffalo defense works out tonight.

Here is tonight's lineup.

Tejada SS
Sanchez 2B
Huff RF
Posey C
Burrell LF
Rowand RF
Belt 1B
Sandoval 3B
Bumgarner P

With the injuries to Cody Ross and Andres Torres, this is the best offensive lineup that Bruce Bochy has to work with. Defensively, not so much.

I would have liked to have seen Nate Schierholtz in there against the tough lefty Clayton Kershaw. Schierholtz did well against the St. Louis Cardinals' left-hander Jaime Garcia and seems to hit lefties better than righties.

Mychael Urban of CSN Bay Area said it best -- "Bruce Bochy loves him his veterans." That said, it is not a surprise that everyone in the outfield is in their late to mid-30s

Will Bochy's reliance on proven veterans backfire? Tune in to CSN Bay Area at 7:15 p.m. to find out.






Follow me on twitter @vintalkingiants

Be sure to use the #talkinggiants tag when referring to my blog on twitter. 

Questions or comments? E-mail my blog mailbag at vc4re@yahoo.com. Your questions may be answered on my blog. 

Be sure to take my poll on the left.

Add me on Facebook. Click here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Search

The Mailbag is open. Contact me with your questions.

Questions? Comments? Feedback? E-mail my blog mailbag at vc4re@yahoo.com. Your question may be posted on my blog, along with answers.